DISCLAIMER: we are not responsible for any translation errors from using the Google
Language feature.

Office of Behavioral Health

Division of Mental Health, Transition Age Youth

MH/IDD Administrator: Janet M Dreitlein

Deputy Administrator: Donna Holiday

Who We Are

The Transition Age Youth (TAY) Division oversees a wide range of services and programs for young adults ages 18-26 in Delaware County. These services and programs are delivered by a pool of provider agencies which have many years of experience working with Transition Age Youth.

What We Do

The TAY division assures appropriate services are available for TAY ages 18-26 who are experiencing mental health challenges.

Services We Provide

We contract with agencies who provide an array of services and resources which are focused around trauma informed principles, recovery, resilience and self-determination. A few of the many services offered are High Fidelity Wraparound, Outpatient Treatment, Blended Case Management, Transition Age Housing, and Program of Assertive Community Treatment.

How to Contact

           Phone:            610-713-2365

           Address:         20 S. 69th Street, 3rd Floor
                                  Upper Darby, PA 19082

           Hours:            8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

           Email:            humanservices@delcohsa.org

          County Holiday Calendar

Crisis Services

Delaware County Crisis Connections Team (DCCCT)

           Phone:           1-855-889-7827

           Hours:           24 hours/day & 7 days/week

Crozer Chester Medical Center- Mental Health Crisis Services

          Phone:           610-447-7600

          Address:        1 Medical Center Blvd
                                 Chester, PA 19013

          Hours:           24 hrs/day & 7 days/week

Elwyn/Natale Crisis Residential Program

          Phone:           610-891-7331

          Address:        111 Elwyn Road
                                 Elwyn, PA 19063

          Hours:           24 hrs/day & 7 days/week

How to Make a Referral

Referrals are made by calling or visiting one of our two county Base Service Units or by contacting the Behavior Health Managed Care Organization, Magellan Behavioral Health.

  • Crozer Chester Medical Center, Community Campus
    302 W 15th Street Chester, PA

  • Merakey
    800 Chester Pike Sharon Hill, PA

  • Community Care Behavioral Health 1-833-577-2682
    Contact us for additional resources
    En español: 1-866-229-3187
    TTY/TDD: (Dial 711) Request 1-833-545-9191

Resources and Helpful Links

Community Care HealthChoices Member Handbook: North Central Counties (ccbh.com)

Delaware County Crisis Connections Team (DCCCT) website

Delaware County Department of Human Services, Mental Health Office, Crisis Services brochure

Warm Line 855-464-9342

Delaware County Mental Health Information brochure

Delaware County Mental Health Court brochure

PA Crisis Text Line – Text PA to 741741
Free, 24/7, Confidential

Click Here to View Flyer

OBH Directory of Drug and Alcohol and Mental Health Services

Community Care Behavioral Health

Website: https://www.ccbh.com

Peer Support Specialist

A Peer Support Specialist is a person who has walked the path of recovery from mental illness and is employed to assist others in their journeys of recovery. They provide role models of self-care and the effective use of recovery skills.

With the key concepts of hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support, the Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) will work with the young person in developing their own Individualized Service Plan (ISP) and Crisis-Plan. CPS will help the young person identify community resources, develop organizational skills for daily living, and help plan around social supports.

A young person is eligible if they are between the ages of 14-26 and have:

  • MA coverage or is MA eligible
  • A serious emotional disturbance (SED) or serious mental illness (SMI)
  • Dual MH and mild ID/DD including Autism
  • Willing to commit to meet 1-2 hours per week minimum

Peer Support Specialist info

Peer Support Referral form

Transition to Independence Process (TIP)

The Transition to Independence Process (TIP) is an evidenced supported model developed to engage and support young people experiencing emotional and or behavioral struggles in their own futures planning process across five transition domains: Education Opportunities, Living Situation, Employment and Career, Community Life Functioning, and Personal Effectiveness and Wellbeing. TIP provides a great deal of flexibility and works to engage young people through relationship development, person-centered planning, and a focus on the young person's future. Services and supports are tailored to be accessible, appealing, non-stigmatizing, and developmentally appropriate and will build upon strengths to support the young people in pursuing their goals.


Delco TIP Referral

TIP One Page

On My Way (First Episode Psychosis)

On My Way is a Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) approach to treating young people that recently experienced their first episode of psychosis. The FEP Team offers young people an array of services, including low-dose medication management, individual and group therapy, family education, case management, supported education and employment, and Peer Support Services. Service coordination is guided by the young person's voice and choice. On My Way seeks to improve the quality of life of young people by providing hope through empowerment to guide their own recovery, educating them about their psychosis, re-establishing and strengthening relationships, and re-integrating them back into the community whether it's attending school or working.


OMW Educational Handout

Career Opportunities

Visit www.employment.pa.gov, click on Open Jobs to view available positions or register to take a test. For Civil Service employment information contact Philadelphia office 215-560-2253.

If you are interested in a merit-covered position, such as a County Caseworker—Children and Youth or County Caseworker—Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities, you will need to apply through www.employment.pa.gov rather than through the county office. This is a two-part process which will require you to take an exam to receive a score which you will then use to apply for vacancies of interest. Please visit the County Caseworker tutorial for further instruction on the application process.

Contact Human Services Personnel at 610-891-4951 or 610-891-4417 with questions.