Office of Behavioral Health
Division of Adult & Family Services
BH/ID Administrator: Jonna DiStefano
Adult & Family Services Administrator: Christine Seibert
Who We Are
The Division of Adult and Family Services (AFS) oversees a wide range of services and programs to families and adults in Delaware County. These programs and services are delivered by a pool of provider agencies who have many years of experience working with each respective population.
What We Do
The Division has six main service areas: Homeless Continuum of Care, HIV/AIDS housing and services; Emergency Food Assistance (food pantries), Medical Assistance Transportation (MATP), Family Centers, and other Human Service Supports.
Services We Provide
Through contract agreements with providers, AFS programs are designed to help determine the best level of care and referrals are needed to stabilize and support people in Delaware County.
Homeless Continuum of Care Programs
- Homeless Prevention
- Emergency Shelter
- Transitional Housing
- Permanent Housing
- Housing Support Programs
- Community-wide coordination via the Homeless Services Coalition
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS
- HIV/AIDS Case Management
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Ralph Moses House Transitional Housing
- AIDS Consortium of Delaware County
Emergency Food Programs
- Delaware County Interfaith Food Assistance Network (DIFAN)
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) – federal commodities (canned goods, dry goods and frozen meats and cheeses)
- State Food Purchase Program – funds the purchase of food, food vouchers and meal programs
A community based drop-in center for individuals and families to participate in parenting education, life skills training, literacy programs, youth mentoring, child development on site and in the home.
Provides Medical Assistance consumers with non-emergency transportation to medical care.
Other Programs/Coordination Includes
- Delaware County Women's Commission
How to Contact
Address: 20 S. 69th Street, 3rd Floor
Upper Darby, PA 19082
Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
How to Make a Referral
Call 610-713-2365 and staff will direct you to our providers and services according to your inquiry. We are not a direct provider of service.
What you can do if you see a homeless person on the street in your community?
- Monday - Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM - call the Connect Outreach Response Line @ 267-258-1974 and an Outreach Team will come and try to engage the person.
- Weekends and weekday evenings (7 PM to 7 AM) call the Crisis Connections Team @ 1-855-889-7827.
Resources and Helpful Links
Contact Human Services Personnel at 610-891-4951 or 610-891-4417 with questions.
Visit scsc.state.pa.us for testing availability.